Welcome to the Linux Foundation Forum!

Run this course under Win10 WSL2?

Options

Hi,
I started this course using Windows 10 WSL2. During the Lap where I install the test application I run in the error that the containers crashes with 'exec /usr/local/bin/docker-entrypoint.sh: exec format error' seams that the Container was build for 'linux/arm64/v8' so it will not run in my setup. Is this expected or did I forgot to something to configure on my site?

Answers

• maudcarstlf
    Options

Just for others: Course I will work with WSL2 except this single lab

• cvoigt
    cvoigt Posts: 3
    Options

Hey maudacarstif,
    Thank you for your question.

Generally speaking, the error message you receive indicates an incompatibility of processor architectures.

Could you provide more details on which lab you have issues with to help us better understand your question (and potentially fix the exercise)? I assume you are referring to Lab 3.2, where the example app gets installed?
    Alternatively, you could provide the steps to reproduce the issue.

Thanks in advance.

• maudcarstlf
    Options

Hi cvoigt,
    your are correct, problem is the wrong CPU architectur on my system as I have standard Windows on x86 -64 the container image seems to be ARM64. As far as I know my setup can't emulate ARM64. So to avoid unnecessary debug session, it would be perfect if you also can provide the image as x86 version.

Thank you.

• cvoigt
    Options

Hey maudcarstif,
    We will provide an x86 alternative as soon as possible and will update this post once we have done so.

Thank you for raising this issue!

In the meantime, you can probably take any other image built for your processor architecture. The example app is just an... example :)

• maudcarstlf
    Options

I used another Image, just need a little time to figure out why it was failing. On the end, error hunting often helps to better understand the topic :wink:

• cvoigt
    Options

An updated multi-arch image is now available; it should be working on x86 now as well! :)

Categories

Upcoming Training